[sugar] ISOS server

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:32:02 EST 2007

that looks extremely wonderful -- perhaps there is a roadmap to make it
easier for everyday folks, maybe through some kind of self-extracting
package that preconfigures vncviewer, and to find a "central" server where
someone could set up the instance (I may be able to get a dedicated server
for that).

wondering if it is possible to make it even more painless -- to launch a
java vnc client all from a web page, no download/install, and preconfigured
to point at a sugar os app server, so people would just need to
update/install their java software. surely sun must have someone who could
shepherd this.

Ryan - I just registered sugaros.net and .org to protect from porn pirates,
bc at euronet.nl evidently registered .com on 11/13, don't know if he is kid
friendly or not. but suggest putting ISOS on the sugaros.org url, or at
least aliasing, for seo purposes. some people may wander in that way.
sugaros could also just frame relay to a wiki.laptop.org page, if/when you
make it -- or like olpcaustria, for focus and accessibility, could have its
own wiki. if you need help setting that up, let me know. hostgator and
hostmonster make it easy to get a wikimedia instance up.

On Nov 15, 2007 9:15 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 12:36:26AM -0600, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> > How feasible would it be to run "multiple Sugars" on a terminal server
> > somewhere, and serve it up over the Java VNC client?  It would require
> > the least Web-facing modifications.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> Is
>
>  http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Devserver
>
> similar to what you're thinking of?
>
> Michael

Todd Kelsey

Good Green Fun: http://www.cftw.com/xoroids/

Willy Wonka Wonderful! - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:StartOfMP.jpg

Love Poem for people of Middle East: http://welcome.cftw.com

Tour of laptop | http://wiki.laptop.org/go/608-demo-notes

About Me/CFTW | http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en">
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en

Loving the World | http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhbxftbn_36cx4kj7

"Fascinating for me to sit here and realize the interplay and influence that
music can have -- it is a part of my life, yet I haven't continued as I
could, partly out of thinking "there are more important things". but it has
it's place. i am sitting at olpc offices, and someone is playing pink floyd,
and I think music is a gift of creativity that can inspire an atmosphere of
creativity, and the range of such echoes is infinite." - Me

Free tunes by me: http://www.cftw.com/music