Changing keyboard layout

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Nov 6 02:51:22 EST 2007

David Leeming PFnet wrote:

> But the keyboard layout remains the same; i.e. if one presses the
> underscore key, one gets a forward slash - many of the non-alphanumeric
> keys are also mixed up.

That's weird.  What image version are these laptops running?

Have you checked if the keyboard /etc/X11/xorg.conf gets reset
to "es" after every reboot?

> Can anyone suggest how I can have both English language and the correct
> keyboard configuration on these B4s.

Note that in latest joyride (unstable) builds we've moved the keyboard
configuration from /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /home/olpc/.i18n.

Additionally, a new feature in Update.1 will provide a control
panel to customize some aspects of the user interface, including
the language layout.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/