MP Build... FYI

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sun Nov 4 01:45:57 EDT 2007

John Watlington wrote:

> Quanta wants assurance that the software workaround which was broken in
> #4479 is fixed.
> Richard's testing is necessary to confirm this.   It is also essential
> that the kernel fix
> which is theoretically the only difference between 624 and 625 be part
> of the production
> test code to further confirm this.   If Quanta sees this problem AT ALL
> in the production
> testing, there will be pressure to halt until further hardware/software
> fixes are found.

I'm getting a slightly different story.  I was trying to meet with
people yesterday to discuss the whole mfg testing procedure so I knew
what was going on and what I would need to do to get the new kernel into
the Run-In image.

Arnold tells me that he thinks its  too late to get the DCON workaround
kernel into the Run-In image.  He suggestion was that if we see a DCON
problem that we pull the machine out of the rack, update the kernel and
then re-add it back into the testing.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child