MP Build... FYI

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Nov 3 23:04:58 EDT 2007

I've never done a smoke test before. (and that smoke test is for the
more recent builds, rather than trial3/MP).

Other than having some trouble around activity and library installation,
625 checked out fine.

Upgrading from 623->625 indicated just changes in the kernel, so random
other stuff did *not* get into the build.
                                         - Jim

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 21:07 -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:36:00 -0400
> Mary Lou Jepsen <mlj at laptop.org> wrote:
>
> >         Ship.1 are the bits Quanta is currently putting on machines in
> >         the
> >         factory. It is Build 624; Firmware Q2D03.
> >

> > We are putting build 625 on mass production machines starting Monday,
> > because this addresses a suspected bug, the failure to initialize the
> > DCON registers when power is re-applied to DCON.  Build 625 is in
> > testing by Quanta right now.
> >
> > Please let me know immediately if this is an issue.
> >
> > - Mary Lou
>
> I don't believe 625 has been well tested yet; as far as I know,
> it hasn't even gone through http://wiki.laptop.org/go/1_Hour_Smoke_Test
> yet (if I'm wrong, please correct me).
>
> Once it has been signed by cscott, has been through a smoke test, and
> Richard reports back about whether the DCON workaround succeeded on his
> tests last night, I'll feel comfortable with 625 on MP machines.
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child