MP Build... FYI

Andres Salomon dilinger at laptop.org
Sat Nov 3 21:07:11 EDT 2007

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:36:00 -0400
Mary Lou Jepsen <mlj at laptop.org> wrote:

>         Ship.1 are the bits Quanta is currently putting on machines in
>         the
>         factory. It is Build 624; Firmware Q2D03.
>

> We are putting build 625 on mass production machines starting Monday,
> because this addresses a suspected bug, the failure to initialize the
> DCON registers when power is re-applied to DCON.  Build 625 is in
> testing by Quanta right now.
>
> Please let me know immediately if this is an issue.
>
> - Mary Lou

I don't believe 625 has been well tested yet; as far as I know,
it hasn't even gone through http://wiki.laptop.org/go/1_Hour_Smoke_Test
yet (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

Once it has been signed by cscott, has been through a smoke test, and
Richard reports back about whether the DCON workaround succeeded on his
tests last night, I'll feel comfortable with 625 on MP machines.