[Trac #1049] Rotating in reverse and/or better feedback for the rotate button

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:56:44 EDT 2007

> I think #2 is the simplest...

I agree, actually.  I have two further comments on #2.

First, the only reason I considered 3 a better option is because I
wasn't sure which vertical orientation would be preferred.  It may be
easier for kids to operate the controls with their dominant hand.  Or
perhaps, to the contrary, they would prefer to hold it with the handle
in their dominant hand. I wasn't sure if we should remove that choice
or not.  As a plus, it would make the controls orientation
consistent...

Second, I actually think that #3 is a good idea even if we choose to
make it a toggle.  The feedback is more immediate that way, and it
would allow a short delay period in which to press the button again,
essentially canceling the rotation request.

- Eben