Color vs B&W

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Sat May 19 12:37:22 EDT 2007

Some of the resources you might look into are related to designing for
colorblind users. I believe the stats are that 10% of men and 2% of
women have some level of colorblindness.

The key thing is to make sure that you differentiate colors by
saturation and value, not just hue.

I tell designers to print out their images on a black and white laser
printer -- if it still looks good and you can read everything, you have
a reasonably safe design for a colorblind user. The nice thing about the
XO is that there's a button to see it in context without having to go to
printouts.

    Kent