Network association algorithm

Javier Cardona javier at cozybit.com
Mon May 14 08:56:13 EDT 2007

Dan,

> Any chance you could tighten up the timeout/backoff algorithm to not
> wait so long between tries?  A max of 5 - 7 seconds or so between
> DHCPDISCOVER tries should be a good enough hack for the moment...
> Sometimes it picks obscene values like 25 seconds.  On a wireless
> medium, it's just really, really likely the frame got lost somewhere
> rather and needs to be re-requested.

This can be done with the existing initial-interval option:

interface "msh0" {
  initial-interval 1;
  anycast-mac ethernet c0:27:c0:27:c0:27;
}

DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 1
DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 2
DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 2
DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 4
DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5
DHCPDISCOVER on msh0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 9

Javier

--
Javier Cardona
cozybit Inc.