Fwd: OPENMESH wireless -> [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Release 0.2 rc1

Till Weber peterpanini at gmx.net
Thu May 3 18:07:36 EDT 2007

Datum: Thu, 3 May 2007 02:26:17 +0200
Von: Axel Neumann <axel at open-mesh.net>
An: b.a.t.m.a.n at open-mesh.net
Betreff: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Release 0.2 rc1

Hello!

Despite our optimistic presentation of the almost-stable b.a.t.m.a.n.-III-0.2b
release,  we could not refrain from applying a number of further changes.
Besides some more bugfixes in the outputsystem, resolved crashes due to the
hash code and lost unix-sockets, more comments in the code,
vis-port-adaption, enhanced BDNB (bidirectional neighbor) check and finally
the full implementation of the BNTOG (rebroadcast only packets from best
neighbor) check, the most obvious enhancement comes with the new beautifull
debug output.

Unfortunately the reduction of the frame size in the bidirectional link check
>>from three to two did not cause the improovement (in finding better routes in
the mesh) as we expected. Still we want to give it another try with the
changes we implemented (for the BDNB check) in this new release.

batman-III-0.2.0rc1 is waiting on http://open-mesh.net/batman/downloads for
your download. We appreciate your administration ;-)

happy testing,
the B.A.T.M.A.N. development team