Flash video works on X0

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Sat Mar 31 19:09:36 EDT 2007

MBurns wrote:

> I wonder if the Watch & Listen activity (that uses Helix) would be able to
> help out here. I know there is a gecko plug-in being worked on that could
> play videos in embedded html pages. Since Helix supports flash 4.0 and
> 8.0video playback, I'm wondering if there is any tie in we can make
> use with for Gnash. Or am I just walking off on a tangent?

  Gnash supports Flash v7 and some v8, so I'm not sure if helix would
help any. Gnash is also an NSAPI (geeko) plugin.

> Per the emails today, have you tried this with build 368 and seen any
> difference/improvements/problems?

  I just reflashed my X0, and I'm testing the default package first,
then I'll try my recent builds. So far it works, but I have to try it
with all the test cases. Then I'll try my build that supports video.

	- rob -