[linux-pm] Power Mangement Interfaces

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Mar 30 20:18:03 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 17:57 -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:

> I am now turning my attention to handling wakeup events - in particular,
> events that we can set at run-time.  My thoughts on the matter are
> detailed here:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Power_Management_Interface

Interesting. I thought about something like that a few days ago and it
was pretty much identical to what you're saying there. Except I didn't
write it down ;)

A few comments:

I think the sources file isn't really useful, a
  grep -l 1 /sys/power/wakeup/*
should do.

About different possible states: I think each of those can have
different possible wakeup sources, ACPI can afaik go to S4 and still be
able to configure the wakeup sources. So I suppose this really needs to
is one of (currently) "mem", "disk" and "standby". And then change the
interface of pm_register_wakeup_source to include the state.

Also, I'm not sure I like the interface with the name of the wakeup
event set by the platform driver. That will probably lead to
inconsistencies, a centrally maintained file with items could be nicer.

About test mode: there is such a thing for suspend to disk. In fact, if
you just want to test driver suspend you could use that. See
the /sys/power/disk file.

johannes