power management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Mar 30 13:43:41 EDT 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:

>> expected out of the XO as well.  I'm not sure there's a really good case
>> for a battery _display_ that has fine-grained steps.  For other stuff,
>> perhaps.
>
> I filed #555 a while back, to MarkF's full support. Richard Hughes left
> a comment indicating that emitting events on percentage change is best
> for HAL, since the kernel can emit netlink messages for it.

555 says "when it changes" but not by how much. How much was one of my
original questions.

How about this then?  SCI on x% delta.  A change of this % in _either_
direction will generate an SCI.  OFW can start by setting x to 5% and
the kernel is free to change it to smaller or larger values if it
pleases or 0% to disable.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child