Adventurers: please take new firmware Q2B83 and a build 353 for a test drive.

Jean Piché jean at piche.com
Thu Mar 29 20:46:41 EDT 2007

Experienced the same connection difficulties with 354/83.
Scripting the connexion worked.

jp

On 29-Mar-07, at 8:41 PM, Jim Gettys wrote:

> Infrastructure mode should "just work" using the UI, no need for the
> script.
>                              - Jim
>

> On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 17:36 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> I did this (new firmware and new boot image). No problems so far
>> exept
>> I can't seem to access the network; e.g. the web app always gives
>> me a
>> Page Load Error when I enter a URL.  Do I have to follow the mesh
>> instructions for that or were those only for attempting to use the
>> mesh (which makes no sense since there aren't any other XO users
>> nearby in my building).
>>
>> (I found a newer boot image, 354, but after downloading the md5 sum
>> was incorrect, so I stuck to 353.)
>>
>> --Guido
>>
>> On 3/28/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
>>> Build 353 is getting very close to our goals for the trial.
>>> Remaining
>>> are:
>>>         o fixing a bug that is causing Sugar to crash on boot;
>>> rebooting the
>>> machine will generally fix it.  As of a few minutes ago, Trent Lloyd
>>> understands the fault and I expect it will be resolved tomorrow.
>>>         o providing a UI for telling the system to join the mesh.
>>> and possibly a few other things.
>>>
>>> So the adventurous of you should install the Q2B83 firmware and
>>> Build
>>> 353; it would help to get some feedback if anyone runs into serious
>>> problems.  If you have to ask us how to find and install this
>>> firmware
>>> and build, you're probably not the right person to try these.
>>>
>>> If you want to play with the mesh before the build with the
>>> working UI
>>> for selecting the mesh, I attach some scripts.
>>>                                    - Jim
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim Gettys
>>> One Laptop Per Child

>>> attached
>>> mppreq_client.py script. No news is good news when you run that