mplayer RPM

Chih-Chung Chang jochang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:19:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

I build an MPlayer RPM which uses only dependencies exist on build 303.
RPM: http://jan.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~jo/olpc/mplayer-1.0-rc1.olpc.1.i386.rpm
SRPM: http://jan.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~jo/olpc/mplayer-1.0-rc1.olpc.1.src.rpm
Using that I found several problems during video playback (which uses Xv):

- There are some green lines on the top of the screen
- The tearing during video playback is obvious
- The color key is default to 0, which causes black to become transparent.
  I think it is better to use some non-common color.
- MPlayer somehow always use full screen (the same binary does not do that
  on FC6), so it is easier to ssh in, su olpc, set DISPLAY to :0, then
run mplayer.

Hope this helps people want to play video.

Regards,
Chih-Chung Chang