power management

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 29 12:48:05 EDT 2007

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On other mobile devices, the customer might already be trained to expect
> periodic updates. I suggest, however, that OLPC not make this mistake.
> Any periodic CPU wakeup should be done at most once every 5 minutes and
> perhaps not at all.

In my previous mail on EC commands (EC can wakeup the CPU) I asked if we
want the EC to wake up the processor when the battery capacity decreases
by some x% and what x should be.  Or should we set a single battery trip
level?  I was planning on a battery at critical stage alarm as well.

What sort of thing would we do with knowing that the battery decreased
from 50% to 40%?

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child