radio testing, press to talk hack

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Mar 27 20:16:02 EDT 2007

Heh: we have a network transparent window system: the audio should be
network transparent too.  If you google for "Gettys audiofile", you'll
see some interesting sound servers hits.  PulseAudio looks like it may
fill the bill (and AF is very dated and no one ported it to Linux), and
better than the alternatives.

We'd like the kids to be able to run applications on a school server and
have them "just work", sound and all.  And it isn't rocket science.
There's just been many really bad sound servers built over the years:
from what I can tell, PulseAudio is seriously interesting.
                                Regards,
                                       - Jim

--
Jim Gettys