fix for web browser and other app resolution problems

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Mon Mar 19 16:17:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 16:16 -0300, "João Bosco A. Pereira Filho" wrote:
> Mary Lou Jepsen escreveu:
> > It may be better to allow user-adjustable increase and decrease of the font
> > size.  I'd personally prefer smaller fonts on the web browser, but children
> > often like/need large letters when they are first learning to read. Having
> > the user-choosable font size would allow this.
> >

>     Just font size? I think it needs to zoom images too. Otherwise, some
> websites layout will be broken.

Websites break no matter what you do, see
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/1046.  But at least with an adjustment
widget it'll be possible to unbreak websites selectively by zooming back
out.

Based on the mozilla bugzilla, it looks like zooming images along with
text is the consensus for what the Correct thing to do is.

owen