(no subject)

MBurns maburns at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 01:19:08 EDT 2007

On 3/17/07, Mike Usmar <mike at mikeusmar.com> wrote:
> On the new build 303 it mentions the P2P and browser is working; We are
> picking the Access Points up  on the BTest-2  and can ping the Wireless
> routers from the DV console but it seems the auto configure isn't working on
> the browser, or are we missing some key info here!!!!

To get laptop-to-laptop mesh working, you currently need to do 2 things.
1. with iwconfig, put the laptops into adhoc mode with an arbitrary essid
2. assign the laptop a unique IP address (in the same subnet as all
other OLPC laptops you wish to mesh with).

1. Will eventually be a non-manual operation.*
2. Either via 169.254/16 (with Avahi) or as part of the standard
config will also be a non-manual fallback.

This is just an In The Mean Time fix. I have successfully pinged and
networked with 2 B2 machines using the above steps.

* Will the operating be a "Connect to network if you can see one,
otherwise create an ad-hoc network and sit patiently", or is there
some more intelligence to joining networks still in the works?

> We also can't see
> other XO's in the neighbourhood view
>

> Mike Usmar
>
> OLPC NZ/Pacific Development Group