optimization for OLPC

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Mar 13 17:09:39 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 01:21:31PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:

> So color conversion is happening in software?  The GX has built
> in support for YUV->RGB conversion and scaling, so that will
> help reduce the processor load considerably, and probably pump
> up the decode rates.

No, this is raw decode without yuv2rgb conversion or display "overhead",
or audio. Still, looks like things are in the realm of possibility.

Chih-Chung, I assume you're using libtheora 1.0a7. Could you re-run the
decoding tests with dump_video from http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora-exp/ ?
That should be instructive.

Can the camera hardware generate YUV?

 -r