Gnash plugin packages

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Tue Mar 6 13:33:40 EST 2007

After days of beating RPM into a semblance of functionality for cross
building, I've now got RPM packages for Gnash and the plugin working.
You can grab them from:

http://www.gnash.lulu.com/olpc/gnash-20070306-1.i386.rpm
http://www.gnash.lulu.com/olpc/gnash-plugin-20070306-1.i386.rpm

You might need to set MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for
the Web Activity to find the plugin. (unless it's been fixed since the
239 build). You might also need to do a "yum install agg boost curl" to
get the other packages Gnash requires. If you get some weird error at
runtime, add http://www.gnash.lulu.com/olpc/libstdc++.so to /usr/lib.
These Gnash executables are built with a G++ tool chain optimized for
the Geode, and is based on GCC CVS 4.3.x (snapshot from a few days ago
with AMD patches). You can grab my optimized GCC cross toolchain from
http://gnash.lulu.com/tools/. It runs on most any GNU/Linux distro.

Anyway, as this is a first for me (building rpm packages), feedback on
what I probably got wrong is appreciated. For me, this is working great
as the Flash plugin for the Web Activity.

There are gnash and gnash-plugin packages in the yum OLPC repository,
but for me they won't run as I get an illegal instruction. I'm curious
if they fail for anyone else.

	- rob -