Suspend/resume and power management....

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Mar 3 14:25:19 EST 2007

As many of you have noticed by today's mail, Mitch got the key code
working on the firmware for fast resume going in the last day.

It is also clear having a serial port on machines being used to debug
drivers and power management makes things much easier.

And it is also clear it isn't worth our time and effort to do power
management/suspend resume work on B1; easier to swap out or send out
additional machines.

If you expect to be working in this area, particularly if you have a B1
system rather than B2, please drop me a note so that we can arrange to
get a B2 system out with a serial port.
                                  - Jim

--
Jim Gettys