Why pilgrim does not support indic language

sachin Tawniya sachin.tawniya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:44:31 EDT 2007

Hi John,

Thank you very much.
I checked the file which you have pointed for /etc/init.d/olpc-configure,
and it worked for me.
The actual case was, I modified the oplc-development.stream and added some
scim as well as fonts-hindi things in that.
Also I modified script, so that it should accept gnome as my default
desktop, even though I installed gdm for that.

As you said, I modified the file, instead of en_US.UTF-8 and I made it
hi_IN.UTF-8. So it is giving desktop tools, I mean the the menus from
applications and system as well as places, in the "Hindi" (Indian)
language.

Well, more over I want to make a proper olpc image with gnome desktop, which
should give me the option of language selection through gdm screen. Still it
is not giving me the option, how to access it from gdm-> select language.

Can you suggest some more things, about where olpc scripts, I mean from
where pilgrim is deleting these .mo files or other locale kind of things.

Thanks and regards,
Sachin T