System update spec proposal

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 27 02:57:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 20:45 -0400, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2007, at 7:23 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > because the people working on the security stuff
> > let it all slide for too long and now have declared that we don't have
> > time to do anything sensible.
>
> That's a cutely surreal take on things -- I really appreciate you
> trying to defuse the situation with offbeat humor :)

Nevertheless, it's an accurate description of what happened. To avoid
ruffling feathers unnecessarily I suppose I should have made it clear
that there is no blame to be assigned here -- the kernel hackers who
would ideally have worked on this were simply busy doing more important
things like power management and didn't do anything more than just say
"No, VServer is not workable", which evidently wasn't taken sufficiently
seriously.

The plan of record is to use this vserver crap for as short a period of
time as possible, until we can implement something which is supportable
upstream.

--
dwmw2