XO to XO Networking

adrian martin amart.n at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:35:07 EDT 2007

Hi, I'm one of the TamTam developers currently working on getting networking
hooked up for our program.  We've encountered a strange networking issue
that is preventing us from moving forward and are hoping somebody here can
help us out.

For some reason none of our XOs are able to connect to each other via
network (ping, ssh, and specifically the network sockets in TamTam), but are
able to connect fine to linux/windows computers (pings work in both
directions, I am able to ssh in, and I was even able to manually connect a
socket using a python terminal).  This problem was not apparent when we were
in Boston last week (the code that was working there no longer works here),
so I suspect it either has something to do with the lack of a proper mesh or
possibly the router (although I don't see why the router would work for
XO<->Other but not XO<->XO).

Currently I have tried:
1) Using different builds: 406.11, 432, and 385.
2) Disabling the msh0 interface with ifconfig (I thought maybe it was
confused about which interface to use)

and I am planning on trying with a different router this evening..

Any help would be greatly appriciated,
Adrian