Why pilgrim does not support indic language

sachin Tawniya sachin.tawniya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:38:02 EDT 2007

Hi all,

  I have tried pilgrim with fedora and olpc development repo. Also I added
gnome-session and scim things with some indic language support. I got ISO
image with gnome and scim activated things. I can operate in common indic
language like Hindi and can use it with terminal, text editor etc...

Issue with me is, when I want my desktop should come in local language, it's
not providing any indic language selection menu.
Take a example of Indic-Hindi. I have installed m17n-dn-hindi, fonts-hindi
etc..
While login if I select change language option, it doesn't provide option
for hindi (Indic Language)

Can any one give me some reference over it or any suggestions for
supporting/enabling Indic Language in OLPC ISO.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Sachin T