Splitting the ncurses RPM

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 09:10:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 02:09:11PM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
>
> >This list is far too short, xterm-256color, gnome, teraterm, jfbterm,
> >mrxvt and others should be included. I guess it will be pretty hard to
> >select from descriptions so the extra terminfo package won't have to
> >be installed by default.
>
> You're right, but what is "gnome"?  gnome-terminal uses "xterm", afaik.

In Fedora yes, but other distributions may have different setting.

> >Any ideas?
>
> Couldn't you make the list short and include new terminals by request?
> So if nobody requests to ask for "jfbterm", it doesn't get in.
>
> Something tells me they won't bother you very often :-)

Could be, if all descriptions are installed by default. I just don't
want to have a situation where users have error messages about unknown
terminals and have to install a package they never heard of (or ask
admin of a remote machine).

--
Miroslav Lichvar