Splitting the ncurses RPM

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Jun 4 16:45:04 EDT 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> The ncurses package carries 2MB worth of terminfo database
> that almost nobody cares to install.  Could we move them
> to a separate ncurses-data package so that space constrained
> installs could easily get rid of them?
>
> The OLPC would certainly remove it, and maybe we could
> safely remove them from default Fedora installs too.

It sounds fair to do this, the same is done on other distributions as
well. For reference, in Ubuntu (certainly debian as well), there is
an ncurses-term package with all the terminfo data, and an ncurses-base
package consisting only of those below

Eterm  Eterm-color ansi cons25  cygwin dumb hurd linux mach  mach-bold
mach-color pcansi rxvt  rxvt-basic  rxvt-m  rxvt-unicode screen
screen-bce  screen-s  screen-w  sun vt100  vt102  vt220  vt52 wsvt25
wsvt25m xterm  xterm-color  xterm-debian  xterm-mono  xterm-r5  xterm-r6
xterm-vt220  xterm-xfree86

	Arnd <><