Splitting the ncurses RPM

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jun 5 19:34:30 EDT 2007

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> But yes, most of the terminals descriptions could be moved to a
> subpackage and add it to comps' core group so it's installed by
> default. The base package would have only few selected descriptions
> that are widely used.
>
> Would that be ok?

It would be perfect, indeed!

> I'm not sure about removing terminfo from default Fedora install,
> Users can connect via ssh and use many different terminals.

Then let's make the default choice broad enough to include
any hardware or software terminals shipped with the last
10 years.  I'm sure we could _still_ get rid of 95% of that
junk.

A safe bet could be taking what Debian is also shipping:

Eterm
Eterm-color -> Eterm
ansi
cons25