White background with OLPC logo

Andres Salomon dilinger at laptop.org
Tue Jun 5 12:01:28 EDT 2007

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 05/06/07 11:28 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>> David Woodhouse wrote:
>>
>>> This hasn't a whelk's chance in a supernova of going upstream,
>> Why?  The bright color theme patch is nicely configurable
>> and generally useful on any platform.
>
> But its not - your patch just adds our specific scheme which is just as
> arbitrary and inflexible as the original scheme.   Unfortunately,
> this is not a solution that scales very well for every Tom, Dick and
> Harry that want the console colors to be their corporate color scheme
> (Of course, I vote for AMD Green #007A51).

When cjb originally merged the patch into 'playground', I was trying to
come up w/ a more flexible scheme.  Unfortunately, dealing w/ an array
of >10 bytes is not going to be something that anyone will want to
configure via command line or .config.  OTOH, if we could provide a map
or aliases of some sort, that might be doable (ie,
CONFIG_CONSOLE_BGCOLOR=green, CONFIG_CONSOLE_FGCOLOR=pink).