Opera OLPC edition

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 14:20:47 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 12:09 -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
> > Right, we need to set an MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH to make it
> > pickup /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins... can you open a ticket about it
> > please?
>
>   Sure. This seems to help, at least I stop getting messages that the
> Flash plugin isn't installed. For some reason the standalone never gets
> started, so nothing gets rendered. I'm used to debugging plugins from
> Mozilla CVS sources, if there a log file, or any other way I can see
> what's going on under the hood ?

It's complicated right now, but you can see the web activity output.

1 Start sugar but *not* the web activity

2 From the developer console run:

sugar-activity-factory
webactivity.WebActivity /usr/share/activities/Web.activity

2 Run the web activity from the frame

(You will see output in the developer console)

> > In the meantime doing something like this should work:
> >
> > http://tinlizzie.org/wiki/go/Install_Squeak_Plugin
>
>   It's great to hear Gnash is more like the 3rd plugin. :-) I also tried
> installing it this way, (into ~/.mozilla/plugins), but still get no
> graphics display. (yet)

Is it displayed in about:plugins?

Marco