Entirely untested and not working suspend code

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Sat Jan 6 16:05:35 EST 2007

Jordan,

I'm learning a lot by reading your patch, but there are a couple of
things that puzzle me.

In olpc_sleep_asm(void), the first instruction adds 8 to register EBX,
but that register hasn't been set.
At the bottom I see ': : "b" (acpi_base)', but there is no reference in
the code to "%0" to use it.  I wonder
if you meant to include a line like this at the beginning:

       movw %0,%%bx\n\r

I'm guessing that the inl and outl code in this assembler sequence is
meant to be
accessing the PM_CNT1 register.  Perhaps the code should be setting the
SLP_EN  bit?

If so, maybe you need something lik this before the "outl":

    or $0x2000, %%ax

Mitch