Piano mapping for TamTam in Btest2

Tore Sinding Bekkedal toresbe at ifi.uio.no
Wed Jan 3 02:06:37 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 19:03 -0800, Nathanaël Lécaudé wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A while ago J5 asked for a Piano mapping in miniTamTam, we tried it and we
> like it a lot, more playable than the current semitone mapping.  This
> however means that some keys are left unused (the spaces between the black
> keys) which can lead to some confusion.  Some people were concerned about
> this and this is the reason for this email.
>
> Any opinions about this ?

What about the Jankó keyboard? [1] It looks well-suited to
improvisational playing, and seems to map quite well to a standard
computer keyboard.

My problem with the piano layout is that it seems fairly wasteful in
terms of keys. As a mediocre hobbyist pianist, I rather liked the
semitone layout, but I guess others don't.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janko_keyboard

-Tore :)