Symbad: Symbols for Binary Application Database

Nicolas Troncoso C. ntroncos at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Tue Jan 2 11:19:38 EST 2007

On Thursday 28 December 2006 20:08, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> Mauricio A. Araya López wrote:
> > Our experience using this program is very impressive, because we
> > found lots of libraries that were installed, and they are not used
> > by any binary or library. Also we detect some of binaries that do
> > not use any symbol of a library that is linked to (for more information
> > look the wiki-page).
>
> This sounds interesting. If you'd like to help us out, please download
> one of our OS images (use the -tree variety, e.g. [0]) and run your
> program over it, reporting any interesting results here. Thanks!

Hi,
I made a test run of the software. The easyest thing to ask is with libraries
are not used by any binary. I made a list with the corresponding size. Please
take a look at them and confirm they are unsed.

cheers.

--
Nicolas Troncoso Carrere                          User #272312 counter.li.org
Estudiante Magister en Ciencias de la Informatica