Teleconference information for software status meeting (today, 15:00 EST Boston).

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Feb 28 12:59:17 EST 2007

OLPC software teleconference.   Note also the action item list below.

Please go through trac and comment/close bugs that are
done. Update our blocker and high priority bugs even if the status
is "no progress this week". You can easily use the query page in trac to
see what open issues you have.  The following is a useful URL for
helping look at BTest-3 bugs in trac. http://tinyurl.com/2ancvq

DIAL IN:
  From  the United States: 866-213-2185
  From Outside the United States:  1-609-454-9914

access code: 8069698

problems? Call customer care
800-526-2655 or 205-206-2301

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=28&year=2007&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
Agenda:
Status
USB performance problem
Stable build?
EC update for suspend/resume
Network iperf corruption problem.

Priorities

  * Get kernel, firmware, updated release notes for new machines
  * Mesh networking performance problem

Priorities

  * Get kernel, firmware, updated release notes for new machines
  * Mesh networking performance problem

Battery management

  * EC microcode is getting better, but still not perfect
  * Supposedly the trickle charge works for battery recovery, but it
    may take a day or so to recover a battery - NOT Working!!!

Wireless wakeup:

  * Need information about timing requirements of EC_WAKEUP signal.
  * Missing infrastructure for processor wakeup via SCI interrupts -
wireless, ebook mode sensors, etc.

Please go through trac and comment/close bugs that are
done. Update our blocker and high priority bugs even if the status
is "no progress this week". You can easily use the query page in trac to
see what open issues you have.

  - stable build for country meeting?
  - Get all the hardware working - what's left?
  - are we done with release notes for 239?
  - performance
  - any hooks for power management that can enable wider participation
  - Tinderbox/power measurement
  - backup

Current action items:

AI: cjb to relnote python performance (done)
AI: cjb to investigate delaying rw / mount, kill -STOP jffs2_gcd_mtd0
   (started)
AI: #601: cjb to check whether we have pango extents fix in
AI: Jordan and ajax to investigate xrandr segfault
AI: dcbw and marcopg to investigate mesh/avahi not working.
      done, but we're seeing crashing reports
AI: Mitch to try to duplicate the iperf problem with the USB analyzer
AI: Richard to work with Ronak to get him the wireless wakeup info he
needs.

Previous action items:

AI: USB analyzer hasn't arrived in Cambridge, need to ask Mitch. Do we
need a second analyzer?

* AI: Mitch: upload the PCI spoofing patch
 Unknown.
--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child