help with sugar (non jhbuild) on osx

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 21:17:38 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:39 -0800, Dan Aronson wrote:
> Can anyone supply some simple instructions for downloading and running
> sugar not using jhbuild on osx.  I have some slightly different versions
> of some of the dependencies and rather than install everything, I would
> like to just try installing sugar solo and seeing if I can tweak it
> enough (if necessary) to work.

It may not work so well on OS X unless you've got dbus working there
too, which to my knowledge doesn't run on OS X yet.  You'll need Avahi
too, rather than Apple's mDNSResponder and friends.  In short, you're
going to spend quite a bit of time trying to port stuff to OS X rather
than making sugar actually work, I think.

Dan