Gnash and SDL (was Re: SDL port status?)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Feb 12 17:36:08 EST 2007

On 12/02/07 15:00 -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Mamading Ceesay wrote:
> > On 10/02/07, Mamading Ceesay <mamading at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Having done some googling, I think I might have spoken to Rob Savoye
> > since the developer I was speaking to was also working on a
> > cross-toolchain for the OLPC.
>
>   Yep, that's done. You came by while I was working on getting Gnash ported
> to the OLPC.
>
>   Gnash supports multiple GUI front ends. I found out that SDL
> applications compile for the OLPC, they just don't ever display
> anything. I was told it was a framebuffer issue. For the Gnash port I
> used GTK with AGG instead of SDL & OpenGL. I've never gotten any SDL
> code to actually run.

SDL can run on many different backends - I know that as recently as 1.2.9,
SDL happily ran on the X11 backend without GLX.  And since SDL works
on such non-3D environments such as DirectFB and the fbcon (and a blast from
my past, good ol' nano-X), I'm assuming that whatever extensions OpenGL
adds to the X11 backend are non-essential.

AFAIK - SDL should "just work" on the Geode.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer