Gnash and SDL (was Re: SDL port status?)

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Mon Feb 12 17:00:04 EST 2007

Mamading Ceesay wrote:
> On 10/02/07, Mamading Ceesay <mamading at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having done some googling, I think I might have spoken to Rob Savoye
> since the developer I was speaking to was also working on a
> cross-toolchain for the OLPC.

  Yep, that's done. You came by while I was working on getting Gnash ported
to the OLPC.

> Am I correct in understanding that the existing Gnash port for OLPC
> depends on SDL?  If so, how is that dependency being satisified?

  Gnash supports multiple GUI front ends. I found out that SDL
applications compile for the OLPC, they just don't ever display
anything. I was told it was a framebuffer issue. For the Gnash port I
used GTK with AGG instead of SDL & OpenGL. I've never gotten any SDL
code to actually run.

	- rob -