Making OLPC Live CD.. (Part 1 and incomplete :)

Manish Regmi manish at olpcnepal.org
Mon Feb 5 12:04:52 EST 2007

Sorry, i completely lost track of this.

On 2/1/07, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Manish, great job
>
> Let us know when you get the LiveCD booting.  Also, have you gotten a chance
> to look at the Pilgrim code?
> I'll try to play around w/ this tonight.

Great. I will satrt working on it after my exam.

> It would be great if we could get Pilgrim to successfully build LiveCDs.
> That way we would could hand out LiveCDs to Windows and Mac geeks, and even
> *gasp* non-technical people.  Of course there are some Mac geeks out there
> who know how to use Parallels :) but I imagine they are in the minority.
>
> I thought I tried the "-soundhw all" and "-soundhw" parameters each and it
> didn't work for me.

Yes it worked. I could hear the sound as well. I tried "-soundhw es1370"
all should enable all the cards supported.
Can you see if any card is emulated (it must). see "lspci". and if
available the correct drivers are loaded. see "lsmod". if not do
"modprobe snd-ens1370" etc.

> Manish, were you able to hear audio output?  Now we need to test audio input
> into vm instance, particularly dual audio inputs.  I would love to somehow
> test audioconferencing b/w two vm instances on the same machine.  Not sure
> how to best do that.

I haven't done it yet but i think it can be done if we could make of
network of vm instances. Can be easily done in vmware but no idea in
qemu.