Making OLPC Live CD.. (Part 1 and incomplete :)

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 05:55:42 EST 2007

Manish, great job

Let us know when you get the LiveCD booting.  Also, have you gotten a chance
to look at the Pilgrim code?
I'll try to play around w/ this tonight.

It would be great if we could get Pilgrim to successfully build LiveCDs.
That way we would could hand out LiveCDs to Windows and Mac geeks, and even
*gasp* non-technical people.  Of course there are some Mac geeks out there
who know how to use Parallels :) but I imagine they are in the minority.

I thought I tried the "-soundhw all" and "-soundhw" parameters each and it
didn't work for me.

Manish, were you able to hear audio output?  Now we need to test audio input
into vm instance, particularly dual audio inputs.  I would love to somehow
test audioconferencing b/w two vm instances on the same machine.  Not sure
how to best do that.