b/w reflective mode for monitor

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Mon Feb 5 00:12:16 EST 2007

James Cameron wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 04:28:14PM -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
>
>>   ok  fc11 ec@  2 invert and  fc11 ec!
>>

> Thanks, verified that it works.  This means we could add that to the
> kernel as a feature if we could justify the effort ... but there is a
> risk that a later version of EC firmware may reset the "output enable"
> bits.

That risk is fairly low.  I think the risk is higher that that the GPIO
pin assignments might change, but even that risk is reasonably low now
that the board design is starting to "freeze".
> This solves one half of the puzzle ... leaving the wireless LED on.
> Does anyone know if the wireless kernel module manages that, or if it is
> tied to the wireless chips?  What about the battery LED?

The battery LED can be handled with a similar trick, as it it driven in
a similar fashion, by two other GPIO pins, one for green and one for red.

The wireless LEDs are driven directly from the wireless module.  I
recall seeing some commands for controlling them in the wireless
firmware API, but don't know the details.