Wireless wierdness/

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Sat Dec 29 21:12:42 EST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:44:11 -0800, Kate Davis <katie at belisle.org> wrote:

> I think the little green boxes generate some minor interference on
> 1,6,11 looking for other little green boxes. It seems temporary.

I wonder how many AP problems go away if you disable the mesh?
I use 'ifconfig msh0 down; ifconfig msh0_rename down' (the latter
for joyride builds) in my .bashrc.

I don't even know if this really disables the mesh or if its still
running on some deeper level inside the wireless chipset via that firmware.
(I'll cc the devel list for comments/corrections)

Anyway Aaron, want to try it and see if anything changes?