Need recommendation for compatible wireless hardware

Carol Lerche cafl at
Fri Dec 28 14:07:54 EST 2007

Does someone know of a USB  wireless card/device that incorporates the
Marvell chipset and is compatible with the olpc driver?  I am trying to
provision a "school server" on conventional hardware to support the four xos
that I will be placing in a school.  I have just discovered that the xos
will not connect to the internet and mesh simultaneously unless they
themselves are pretending to be a school server.

(I note, btw that the Netgear WGT624 is supported by the openwrt project and
appears to have this chipset...wouldn't it be nice to have a compatible,
cheap commercial access point that could be used with conventional server
hardware just by reflashing?  Perhaps someone knows a friendly soul in that

Carol Lerche

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."