Unofficial Debian+XFCE build

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Dec 29 18:19:08 EST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 12:16 AM, Jake Beard wrote:
> 1. The build appears to take up a bit over 400MB on disk. Were you
> aware of this?

It's 435MB uncompressed, but JFFS2 does automatic compression. The
XFCE build takes up 250MB of XO flash once installed.

> 2.  /versions/boot/alt seems to point to /version/pristine/
> f7b6242983ab837d642bacbffe32cc8. Doing ln -sf /versions/pristine/
> debian /versions/boot/alt  as root did not change the link.

My instructions, I should have mentioned, were for a clean 653. If
you've already installed an alternative build, nuke the link:

# rm -rf /versions/boot/alt

You may also nuke the actual alt. build if you don't want to use it
anymore.

> just made a new simlink called /versions/boot/alt-deb. I hope this
> isn't a problem.
> 3.  I can't seem to boot the alternate image.

The alt. boot will only look at /versions/boot/alt, not any other
symlinks you've made. Thus the alt-deb symlink doesn't do anything.
Remove the existing alt symlink and replace it with one for the debian
build.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org