Unofficial Debian+XFCE build

Jake Beard jbeard4 at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 29 00:16:28 EST 2007

I've installed this per your instructions, but it doesn't seem to be
working. I have three questions:
1. The build appears to take up a bit over 400MB on disk. Were you aware of
this?
2.  /versions/boot/alt seems to point to
/version/pristine/f7b6242983ab837d642bacbffe32cc8. Doing ln -sf
/versions/pristine/debian /versions/boot/alt  as root did not change the
link. I also wasn't able to rm or mv it, and i didn't want to mess with it
too much, so I just made a new simlink called /versions/boot/alt-deb. I hope
this isn't a problem.
3.  I can't seem to boot the alternate image. Holding the O gamepad key on
startup doesn't seem to do anything, whereas the other cheat codes do seem
to work. I tried booting the image manually at the prompt by using
boot disk:\versions\pristine\debian\boot\olpcrd.img, as well as
disk:\versions\boot\alt-deb
Unfortunately, no matter what I do, it seems to boot into the normal olpcrd
image.

I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jake