Java question

Cay Horstmann cay at horstmann.com
Sat Dec 29 15:04:06 EST 2007

Jeffrey Kesselman wrote:
> Short answer.... Java GUI apps don't work with Matchbook yet.
>
> Long answer:
>
> Each Java Window will be a ful l creen display, use alt-n/alt-p to
> move between them.
>
> HOWEVER
>
> Layout doesn't work quite right, it thinks the window is much smaller
> then it really is.

I am ok with a full screen display.

It is much worse than that for the two apps that I tried. In the
WebStart app, there was a giant gray window containing only the "Java
Application" banner. In the other app, there was an empty white window.

> Pull down menus don't work at all.

I would have been happy to at least see them, but they didn't show.

Any hints what one can do to work on a fix?

Cheers,

Cay

PS. The other way to run Java would presumably be as an applet, but I
cannot get the plugin to work either (http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/865).
Did this work for anyone? I presume it must have at one time--see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/RestrictedFormats

Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay at horstmann.com