3rd Fedora disk curdle

Gerard J. Cerchio gjpc at circlesoft.com
Thu Dec 27 16:29:46 EST 2007

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Yeah, VMware can't deal very well with host-side platform problems. :)
>
> How sure are you that VMware Server 1.04 works on Windows XP 64 SP2? I'm
> running VMware Workstation *6* on my AMD64 box -- I haven't messed with
> the free server in a while and I've never tried it on a 64-bit machine.

Weelll, the site states that it works for 64bit clients and hosts and
the install did not balk when I lit it up the XP64 machine so I assume I
am ok. If I do not get problems with the VM on the direct connect IDE.
I may take the time to build a SCSI based VM planted on the IDE drive
and see if that invokes the problem.  Ever see a compiler go crazy on
the old HP mini's running HPDOS?  You know, the OS that had the
compilers own a raw piece of disk for the object code, so they did
physical IO to the platter for compiles? That must have been about a
ga-zillion years ago :)