SD card won't power up in OFW

James Lee jlee at thestaticvoid.org
Wed Dec 26 18:26:48 EST 2007

I hope this isn't a bad place to post this.

I have a Kingston 4GB Class 4 SDHC card which I'd like to use with my XO
(flashing, alternate distros, etc), but it does not seem to work in OFW.
Factory formatted, I get the following:

ok dir sd:\
SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second
Can't open directory

ok test /pci/sd at c,1
SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second
No selftest method for /pci/sd at c,1

I can use this card just fine once Linux has booted.  The only other card
I have is a SanDisk 2GB MicroSD card and it works in both OFW and Linux.
I don't know whether that is an HC card, though.

Is SDHC just not supported in OFW?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James Lee
jlee at thestaticvoid.org