suspend/resume support?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Wed Dec 26 00:06:55 EST 2007

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Jake B wrote:

> * I think behavior has been added to mess with the backlight. For
> example, after about 30 seconds of minimal activity, the screen dims.
> Soon after, the laptop suspends. This would be fine, but
> unfortunately, it fails to take into account the screens current
> brightness. So, for example, when I have the backlight turned off and
> am relying on ambient light and the transreflective screen, after
> about 30 seconds of inactivity, the backlight switches into its
> "minimal power" mode. If it then suspends and then unsuspends, the
> backlight turns on to full brightness. I think expected behavior would
> be to use the brightness manually set by the user as an upper bound
> for screen brightness, or some other logic that takes user preference
> into account.

IMHO it should, on wakeup, restore the state (including backlight state)
that was last set by the user before sleep time.

I don't know if there's a ticket on this; if there is I'll happily add
this remark to it if it's lacking.

-- Asheesh.

--
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
 		-- Martin Luther King, Jr.