suspend/resume support?

Jake B otakuj462 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 23:45:34 EST 2007

I upgraded to joyride 1472. Suspend/resume does work, but it seems to
manifest some unexpected behavior. I'm not sure whether any of this
should be reported in trac, and I would appreciate getting some
feedback.

* Closing the lid suspends, but opening the lid does not automatically
unsuspend. I have to press the power button to get it to unsuspend.

* I think behavior has been added to mess with the backlight. For
example, after about 30 seconds of minimal activity, the screen dims.
Soon after, the laptop suspends. This would be fine, but
unfortunately, it fails to take into account the screens current
brightness. So, for example, when I have the backlight turned off and
am relying on ambient light and the transreflective screen, after
about 30 seconds of inactivity, the backlight switches into its
"minimal power" mode. If it then suspends and then unsuspends, the
backlight turns on to full brightness. I think expected behavior would
be to use the brightness manually set by the user as an upper bound
for screen brightness, or some other logic that takes user preference
into account.

* When the laptop automatically goes to sleep and is woken up by
pressing one of the gamepad keys, the laptop acts as if that key were
being held down. I have to tap the gamepad in another direction to get
it to escape this mode.

* While suspended, the mesh icon stays lit and the network activity
icon continues to flash. Also, the battery drains quite rapidly,
within a couple of hours. I think these two things might be related. I
know that the mesh on the laptop is always supposed to remain active,
even when the laptop is suspended or turned off, but I still wouldn't
expect it to drain the battery so quickly.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Jake