suspend/resume support?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 13:56:11 EST 2007

If you read my blog (http://www.gettysfamily.org/wordpress/ you'll get a
taste for what was involved in building/debugging a machine to
suspend/resume *really* well.  I have one more installment to write, but
the first two installments that will give you a taste of what we went
through.

We ran out of time to get the user level policy done in time; the
testing of the hardware became totally consuming for the team.  We could
always fix the software later: but you don't get to fix the hardware.

Fixed in update.1 (or joyride, today).
                             - -Jim

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 14:27 -0500, Jake B wrote:
> Could I get more info on /sys/power/state please?
>
> For a project where intelligent power consumption is such a large
> concern, I would expect this to be solid. Could anyone  weigh in on
> the status of suspend/resume on the XO, and perhaps explain why my
> G1G1 does not appear to implement this feature? Is it enabled in build
> 650, or did it not make it into the stable release?
> Please let me know. Thanks.
>
> Jake
>

> On Dec 23, 2007 1:45 PM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > That feature is already implemented.  Press the power button and it
> > > suspends; press again to resume.  Lid closures do it too.
> >
> > And as always, /sys/power/state is available for your manual power
> > suspending needs.
> >
> > Jordan
> >
> > --
> > Jordan Crouse